10.26.2011

Tri in Two

image

For the last three years, my good friend from Colorado has been organizing, what she calls, a Tri-in-Two or a Triathlon in Two Weeks. The idea is based off the old How to Eat an Elephant theory.

Friends and family from all over the country join in. This was the first year I decided to give it a go. I had a blast!

Essentially, each participant chooses which course they want to complete and then has two weeks to finish. The choices are:

  • Sprint Triathlon: 750 meter/47 miles swim; 20 km/12.4 mile bike ride; 5 km/3.1 mile run
  • Olympic Triathlon:1500 meter/.93 mile swim; 40 km/24.8 miles bike ride; 10 km/6.2 mile run
  • Half Ironman:1.93 km/1.2 swim; 90 km/56 mile bike ride; 21 km/13.1 miles run
  • Full Ironman: 3.86 km /2.4 mile swim;;180 km/112 mile bike ride; 42.2 km/26.2 run

I decided to try the Half Ironman.

It. Was. Incredible!

I especially enjoyed getting back in the pool. I’d forgotten how great it feels to work up a little perspiration while swimming. It’s been a long time since I did that.

Last night was the celebratory party at her home for all those who participated, not just finished. Each got a certificate (see above.) Wish I could have been there.

Want to join me next year when my friend starts it up again? Let me know. I’ll be happy to post the information here and we can all do it together. Think about it.

Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. I bow to your awesomeness! Congratulations, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bowing as well.......very low and very humbly......

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...